Apply for GST Registration.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax (or consumption tax) imposed in India on the supply of goods and services. It is a comprehensive multistage, destination based tax. Comprehensive because it has subsumed almost all the indirect taxes except few. Multi-Staged as it is imposed at every step in the production process, but is meant to be refunded to all parties in the various stages of production other than the final consumer. And destination based tax, as it is collected from point of consumption and not point of origin like previous taxes.
Documents Required for GST Registration
- PAN Card of the Business and Applicant
- Valid Indian Phone Number and Email address
- A valid mobile number and an email address of the Primary Authorized Signatory is required to be filled at the time of GST registration.
- Proof of Place of business
- Principal Place of Business is the primary location within the State where a taxpayer’s business is performed where the business’s books of accounts and records are kept.
- As a supporting document, keep following documents handy:
- Any document in support of the ownership of the premises such as Latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
- Copy of the valid Rent / Lease Agreement/Consent letter (as applicable)
- For every additional place of business in the state, proof of such additional place of business.
- Valid bank account number from India
- You need to mention details of the bank accounts maintained for conducting business. You can enter details of upto 10 Bank Accounts. You will also need to fill the Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) number of the same bank and branch.
- Other details
– List of Goods and Services
– Proof of appointment of Authorized Signatory (Letter of Authorization or copy of board resolution)
– Authorized Signatories photo (soft copy)
– For Companies and LLP’s, it is important to have digital signature (class 2 digital signature) of the person who is authorised to sign the GST application
– Incorporation certificate (for Company)
– Other regulatory registration details such as Professional Tax, State Excise License details (If applicable)